Nicolas Cage is one of Hollywood’s most famous and loved actors. Cage is known for his eclectic film history having appeared in many films across many genres. However, there is one genre that Cage has yet to break into – westerns. This will soon change with the release of The old way, but what is this film about and when is it coming to the big screen? Here’s everything you need to know.
The plot of The old way
According to the official synopsis The old way follows an aging gunslinger who lives with his daughter. However, the gunslinger’s peaceful life is shattered when the son of a man he murdered comes to town. To avenge his father’s death, the man forces Cage’s gunslinger to confront his past and consider the future of him and his daughter.
who is in The old way?
The old way has an all-star cast with many faces that moviegoers will recognize. Also, the film is directed by Brett Donowho (A haunted place in Silver Falls, No Tell Motel) and written by Carl W. Lucas (producer of My name is Myeisha and Cortez).
- Colton Briggs—Nicolas Cage (The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Eustice – Clint Howard (Hide and Bleed, Solo: A Star Wars Story)
- Ruth Briggs—Kerry Knuppe (RIPD 2: Rise of the Damned, Hollywood)
- Big Mike—Abraham Benrubi (Robot Chicken, The Bridge)
- Brooke—Ryan Kiera Armstrong (American Horror Story, Anne with an E)
- Marshal Jarrett—Nick Searcy (Manhunt, the hot zone)
- Boots – Shiloh Fernandez (Torn hearts, long nights, short mornings)
- James McCallister—Noah Le Gros (1883, The Coming Down)
- Robert McCallister—Boyd Kestner (Hell Girl, Hannibal, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood)
- Clark—Dean Armstrong (Chapelwaite, insomnia)
- Caballero #1 – Eddie Spears (DreamKeeper, Hell on Wheels, Bone Tomahawk)
- Greg—Adam Lazarre-White (G spot, the young and the restless)
- Mr. Jeffries—Skyler Stone (The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild, Raising Hope)
- Corporal Lawrence—Brett Donowho (American Disciples, Salvation USA)
- Arnie—Craig Branham (Sleepy Caveperformed stunts western world)
- Smiley—Jeff Medley (American Gold: The Legend of Bear Gulch)
- Walter McCallister—Corby Griesenbeck (Appaloosa, bad fan)
when does The old way come out?
The old way is scheduled to hit theaters on January 6, 2023. The film will then be released digitally and as video-on-demand on January 13, 2023 through Saban Films and Lionsgate.