A roundup of the week’s top automotive and transportation news releases from PR Newswire
NEW YORK, November 18, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the auto and transport industry stay up to date with the week’s newest and most popular publications, here’s a roundup of the not-to-be-missed stories from the week.
The following list includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headings to access accompanying multimedia content available for download.
- Hybrid reborn: 2023 Toyota Prius unveiled
With the most fuel-efficient Prius to date, achieving a manufacturer-estimated combined fuel efficiency of 57 MPG on the LE FWD model, this Toyota hybrid offers drivers accessible electrification anywhere.
- Carnival Venezia opens for sale on year-round cruises new York The ship offers guests a wide range of sailing options with 10 different cruise durations and 22 unique itineraries visiting 25 ports in 14 countries.
- Lexus teams up with adidas and adidas SEED to create a bespoke all-new Lexus RX inspired by Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
“The all-new RX 500h is part of our growing Lexus Electrified portfolio, with advanced innovative technology that enhances the driving experience,” he said Michael Moore, Managing Director, Lexus International. “The performance of the RX is so sporty that it’s a perfect match for joining the ‘Wakanda Forever’ team.”
- Transforming the future of foodservice delivery: Sysco receives the first battery-electric Freightliner eCascadia
“This zero-emission tractor is powerful, quiet and, importantly, very comfortable to drive. This means that not only is it good for the planet, but it will improve the driving experience for thousands of our delivery partners,” he said Marie RobinsonEVP and Chief Supply Chain Officer of Sysco at the Daimler Truck North America (DTNA) manufacturing facility in Portland, Ore.
- Lucid Gravity: A luxury electric SUV with breathtaking performance and space for up to seven people; Reservations possible from early 2023
Built on Lucid’s core DNA of luxury, spaciousness, performance and efficiency, Gravity sets itself apart from the competition with an unprecedented combination of supercar performance and seating for up to seven adults. Lucid Gravity also promises more range than any other EV on the market – bar its stablemate Lucid Air.
- Colorado Governor and Burrell Aviation announce 110 million dollars Investment for the Colorado Springs airport project
Burrell Aviation intends to build multiple facilities on a 65-acre site at Colorado Springs Airport (COS) to expand the airport’s non-passenger operations, including facilities for air cargo handling, aircraft maintenance and testing, cold storage, warehousing/distribution , and integrated logistics.
- Union Pacific describes efforts to combat climate change; Becomes the first US railroad to support the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures
Since releasing its first climate action plan in 2021, Union Pacific has taken significant steps to reduce its environmental impact, including increasing its use of low-carbon fuels and reducing fuel burn by more than 11 million gallons in 2021 compared to 2020.
- United becomes the first US airline to invest in a biofuel refinery
NEXT is one Houston-based company developing the biorefinery, which at full production could produce up to 50,000 barrels per day of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF), renewable diesel and other renewable fuels. United Airlines Ventures could invest as much as $37.5 million in NEXT as long as the company achieves certain milestone goals.
- CerebrumX uses Ford Connected Vehicle data with customer consent to transform auto insurance North America
Utilization-based insurance (UBI) programs that use embedded connected vehicle systems provide more accurate and reliable driving data, with customer consent, and enable insurers to reward safe driver behavior with opportunities for reduced personalized premiums.
Read about the latest auto and transportation related publications from PR Newswire and keep up to date with the most important press releases by following them @PRNtrnsp on Twitter.
Helping journalists stay up to date with industry news
These are just some of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should be aware of. To be notified of publications relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once signed up, reporters, bloggers, and freelancers have access to the following free Features:
- Adjustment: Build a custom newsfeed that delivers relevant news straight to your inbox. Customize the news feed by keyword, industry, topic, geography and more.
- Photos and videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and insert into your next story.
- Subject matter experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect to as sources or for citations in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news summaries, writing tips, upcoming events and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest and most comprehensive distribution network for print, radio, magazine, television, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who log into their PRNJ accounts and specifically search for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and screens this community to confirm its identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover 200+ beats and verticals.
If you have any questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire